NS-3 is a free software simulation platform which aims at network technology and whose source code is open. NS-3 contains an abundance of modules, almost relating to all the aspects of network technology. It’s an open source software development
Network Simulator Linux
- Most often the network simulations are done using the Linux.
- The ns3 is also developed by the Linux/Ubuntu or windows.
- If we want to develop ns3 programs in windows means we have to use the additional supporting software is that cygwin.
- Cygwin is also first of all creating the Linux environment in windows then only we can execute the programs.
- When compared with ns2, ns3 is simple and easy to learn.
- Whatever it is we want to install and execute ns3 programs means we need Linux platforms.
- From that ns3, we can simulate any kind of networks and gather the network performance.
- The networks are,
- Wired network
- Wireless network
Wireless sensor network.
Mobile ad hoc network.
Vehicular ad hoc network.
Cognitive radio network.
Under water sensor network.
Robotic sensor network.
- The network parameters are,
Packet delivery ratio.